Zenoah, a manufacturer of outdoor power equipment, has a great interest and responsibility in developing the environmentally adopted products to protect our environment. We pursue economic efficiency for the users while also protecting the environment, we try to bring the environmentally-compatible products to achieve the "Ecology" and "Economy" in the same time.
Our sincere attitude for the environment has successfully developed the Strato-Charged® engine, which passed the world's first California Air Resources Board (CARB) the secondary emission control without a catalyst. We continuously have developed innovative technology into our quality products.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
Zenoah is the original inventor of the world’s first stratified-charged 2-stroke engine. Introduced in 1998, our state-of-the-art Strato-Charged® engines are designed with advanced technology that reduces impact on the environment through efficient engine design, increased fuel economy and reduced emissions.
For ten years, this proven technology has delivered maximum performance in a light, rugged design with outstanding features that set it apart from the competition. The Strato-Charged® 2-stroke engine:
• Achieves up to 20% more fuel efficiency than standard 2-stroke engines
• Produces low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter
• Requires no valve adjustments, oil changes or daily oil reservoir level checks
• Generates 15 to 20% more horsepower than a typical 4-stroke or 4-stroke hybrid engine of the same engine displacement size
Zenoah’s Strato-Charged® 2-stroke engines operate at maximum efficiency with just three moving parts. By comparison, 4-stroke or 4-stroke hybrid engines contain as many as 30 moving parts. Zenoah Strato-Charged® 2-stroke engines are 20 to 25% lighter per same engine size as compared to 4-strokes or 4-stroke hybrids, resulting in much less operator fatigue. Engines with a high power to weight ratio and a high-power output per engine cc size are classified as high-performance engines, and these are the only type of engines made by Zenoah.
It is easy to identify Zenoah products that include our patented Strato-Charged® engine technology: Simply look for a “Z” in the model number.
Strato-Charged Engine Construction
1. Hemispherical Combustion Chamber: Promotes and optimizes clean combustion of fuel for more power output
2. Walbro WYA Rotary Valve Carburetor: For dependable, fast, crisp acceleration
3. Fresh-Air Dam Strato Intake: Helps prevent unburned fuel from exiting with exhaust
4. Glass-Filled, Low-Tone Muffler: For additional noise reduction
5. Industrial Hard-Chrome Plated Cylinder: Provides additional cylinder and piston life for commercial use
6. Super-Thin Cooling Fins: For greater heat dissipation and longer engine life
7. Two-Ring Piston: Holds compression longer and increases power output and engine life due to superior heat transfer
8. Forged I-Beam Connecting Rods: Lightweight and strong with case-hardened bearing surfaces to increase engine life
9. Floating-Caged Needle Bearings: Reduces friction and wear to increase engine life
10. Chrome Moly Crankshaft: For additional high-speed performance and engine durability
11. Heavy-Duty Ball Bearings: Main bearings support crankshaft to increase engine life
12. Carburetor Purge System: Recirculates fuel back to the fuel tank, which makes for easier starting
Electronic computerized ignition systems are completely sealed from dirt and moisture, delivering consistent high-output voltage that ensures fast, easy starts; fast acceleration; smooth power output and optimum performance in any weather condition.